- We believe that all students can achieve college and career success.
- We believe that students' developmental needs can be met most efficiently through a comprehensive school counseling program.
- We believe that school counselors are leaders, collaborators, and advocates who ensure equal access and opportunities for all students.
- We believe that school and student performance data must be collected, analyzed, and used in the formation of program goals that will promote high levels of student achievement.
- We believe in the application of the ethical standards put forth by the American School Counselor Association in order to make decisions based on strong moral principles.
Students will graduate from South Putnam High School college and career ready. Our comprehensive school counseling program will provide opportunities for all students to participate in a rigorous and rewarding curriculum and engage in self-directed personal growth. Our school counseling program will partner with school, family, and community stakeholders to facilitate the development of life-long learners and productive citizens who meet their full potential and make positive impacts in their community.
The South Putnam Middle School and High School Student Center will work with all students to help them reach their full academic, personal, and career potential. Our counselors assume responsibility for assisting all students as they prepare to meet the challenges of the future. Our goal is for every student to graduate from South Putnam High School with more than just a diploma.